Clare County Council has received confirmation from the ESB that they will not be releasing any additional water from Parteen Weir today.
Water levels have dropped slightly in Ennis overnight and this morning while there has been no further increase in water levels along the Lower River Shannon in South East Clare.
The 24-hour Clare County Council emergency number is 087-4169496
- The main Ballyvaughan to Kinvara Road has been closed due to flooding. Detours are in operation. Going from Ballyvaughan to Galway, turf left at Murty Clough towards Newquay and follow signs to the N67 at Munnia. From Galway to Ballyvaughan, turn right at Munnia towards Newquay and follow signs to Murty Clough.
The following roads are also closed:
- Corofin to Tubber Road
- Ruan to Tubber
- Ennistymon to Corofin – from Rath Church to Ennistymon
- Ennis to Corofin – from Tierneys Garage to Toonagh
- Corofin to Gort
- Kinvara to Tubber
- Ruan to Ryans Quarry
- Carron to Gort
- Carron to Kinvara – from Belharbour to Ballyhehane
- A single line traffic system is now in operation on the Gort Road in Ennis. Traffic lights are in operation
- Newbridge Road – Closed from Club Bridge to Junction of Gort Road and New Road. Water pumps at junction of Collection Road.
- The Watery Road is open to traffic. However, a ramp is in place for traffic to drive over pump hoses. Cars are advised to proceed with caution. Buses and mini-buses are advised to take extreme caution.
- Clarecastle to Kildysart – Closed from Clarecastle to Barntick.
- Killow to Doora – Closed from Killow at the Bypass to Doora
- Dangan Cross – Closed from Cloonaherna to Gorteen.
- Tulla R466 – Closed from Broadford to Doon Lake, diversion via Bodyke R465.
- Broadford to Sixmilebridge L3080 – Passable with caution
- Broadford to O’Callaghan’s Mills – Passable with caution
Note To Editor:
- For further information please contact Mark Dunphy of Dunphy PR on 086-8534900 or email@example.com