Clare County Council says water restrictions in various locations throughout Clare will remain in place until further notice.
The Council says the shut offs and restrictions are essential for water conservation.
Tulla, Broadford and O’Callaghan’s Mills
Water will be turned off in Tulla, Broadford and O’Callaghan’s Mills today, Tuesday 19th January from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Water will be turned off in the Shannon Area today, Tuesday 19th & tomorrow, Wednesday 20th January from 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m. and again from 8:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. as per ongoing restrictions.
Static standpipes will be available at the following locations:
- Bealach Bri (near Shannon Gardai Station) from 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m.
- Dun Áras Housing Estate, Ballycasey from 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m.
South East Clare
- Water will be shut off from 8:00 p.m. tonight Tuesday 19th from 8:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Wednesday 20th. This shut off will also include Gillogue, Derryfadda and Larkins Cross Group Water Scheme. This situation will be reviewed daily. During the day consumers may experience loss of pressure in these areas.
North Clare Area
A static standpipe will be available at the Council Offices today Tuesday 19th January from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Public water supply will also be shut off in the following areas between the hours of 8:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m., tonight Tuesday 19th January and each night thereafter until further notice:
- Cappa Rossmanagher Group Water Scheme
- Deerpark Group Water Scheme
- Ruan and Corofin
- Ennistymon, Lahinch, Liscannor, Lisdoonvarna and environs
- Scarriff and Tuamgraney
- Newmarket on Fergus
- Cratloe and Bunratty
- Kilmurry and Kilkishen (this will also affect pressure in parts of Quin)
- Public water supply will be shut off in the Acha Bhile Estate, Lahinch Road between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. tonight Tuesday 19th January. This will be reviewed tomorrow.
All other area of Ennis should have their water supply maintained; however some areas of the town may experience low pressure.
Note: Be aware of bogus callers purporting to be Council Officials or working on behalf of the Council. All Council Officials will have proper identification, if you are unsure please contact us.
Details of water restrictions are available on Clare County Council’s website www.clarecoco.ie.
Note to Editor:
- For further information please contact Mark Dunphy of Dunphy Public Relations on 086-8534900 or email@example.com